Monday 5 May 2014

Probably the best interviews in Moss Side I have had so far

Less than a month to go and I haven´t slept a thing last night. To many unknowns and it is important not to make any serious mistakes. As always I have to follow my gut feeling to take the right decisions. because during this sleepless night I went through all needed kit, set up the Expedition laptop, which doesn´t include Office and start thinking about what is the most important when doing a positive and important documentary, it is joy. If there´s no joy, it just won´t be good.

I have also pretty much figured out the map issue. Bringing 1:25 000 maps or 1:50 000 maps would be very complicated, heavy and bulky, so i am hoping there is a solution based on the Iphone. And I have also realized that I will be quite heavy, so I need a very strong and helpful assistant. Still not sure there. two months and around 500 miles of walking, means 12-13 miles average a day, every day. And bringing Dana will even make it more hard work. More than ever, the right partner is of essence.

I have found it quite hard getting people to talk straight without coming across as politicians here in Moss Side. Luckily I ended up at Champs Gym last week with two great characters who really filled me in with a lot off stuff of importance. best so far. They´re extensive travelling did help! These two are British Boxing Champions many times over!


And I talked to one of the young boxers to be, who gave me this great interview!


I need to get Dana´s all gear now. The stroller seems to be on and most of my kit. My wife still needs to go to Malmö and pick up the rest of the kit!




No comments:

Post a Comment